- This event has passed.
Youth Week: A Youth-led Conversation on the Climate Emergency
April 21, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The climate emergency is top of mind for Australian youth. As part of National Youth Week the Green Living Centre is hosting a youth-led conversation on the climate emergency for 16-24 year olds. Come along to hear four inspiring young speakers discuss how they take personal or collective action, while taking care of themselves.
The panel will feature:
- Annika Reynolds, founder of environmental law research institute GreenLaw
- Louise Qiu, multidisciplinary artist and founder of vegan clothing brand ENDIMALS
- Zahra Wilson, advocate for sustainable farming and plant-based diets
- April Crawford-Smith, co-founder of Pingala and advocate for connected, sustainable communities, including at The Valley Centre.
This conversation will be co-facilitated with Christie Wilson, eco-psychotherapist and climate activist whose work helps transform people’s despair into effective action.
This workshop is suitable for youth 16 to 24 years of age.
Please arrive by 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start.
Vegan pizza and snacks will be available.
- A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event. All participants must provide contact details and observe good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available. Please maintain a 1.5m distance from other attendees at all times. You will be required to scan a QR code to participate in the workshop.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop and are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or loss of smell. For information on COVID-19 symptoms visit NSW Health.
- We will be monitoring the progress of the disease and will abide by any directives from NSW Health. If you have any safety concerns, please get in touch.
This conversation is being held by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. Entry is free for residents of the Inner West Council area and priority will be given to Inner West residents.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0466 428 063.