- This event has passed.
World Environment Day Forum: Urban Ecosystem Restoration
June 4, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
June 5 is World Environment Day and this year is the start of the United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030). It aims to stimulate a global movement to prevent, halt and reverse ecosystem degradation and create a sustainable future for all.
On the eve of World Environment Day join us for a discussion on ecosystem restoration at the award winning Marrickville Library Pavilion. Speakers will discuss the importance of ecosystem restoration globally, including in cities, and share stories of restoration across Australia and the Inner West.
- Ciaron Dunn, Aboriginal Landcare Coordinator, Cooks River Alliance
- Kevin Spence, Director, United Nations Association of Australia (NSW)
- James Bradley, author (Clade, Ghost Species), critic, Honorary Affiliate of Sydney Environment Institute
- Tealia Scott, Senior Natural Areas and Contracts Officer, Inner West Council.
Bookings are essential for this event. Vegan snacks will be available.
The Pavilion is a ten minute walk from Marrickville train station, and many buses pass directly in front of the Library. Plan your journey at Transport NSW.
This event is presented by Inner West Council’s Green Living Centre and Urban Ecology. Bring plant and animal biodiversity back to your garden with the help of Council’s Nature for Backyards guide.
- A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event. All participants must provide contact details and observe good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop and are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or loss of smell. For information on COVID-19 symptoms visit NSW Health.
- We will be monitoring the progress of the disease and will abide by any directives from NSW Health. If you have any safety concerns, please get in touch.
This is a free event for residents of the Inner West local government area and priority will be given to Inner West residents. Search by address at the Office of Local Government website to find your local government area.
If you are not from the Inner West local government area please ask to be put on a waitlist. For this and any other questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0466 428 063.