- This event has passed.
Women’s Bike Maintenance Workshop (afternoon)
March 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
This International Women’s Day (8 March) the Green Living Centre is celebrating women and offering a range of cycling engagements to encourage more women to cycle in the Inner West.
Would you like to know how to fix a puncture and keep your bike in good working order, so you know it’s always ready to roll? Join our free hands-on bike maintenance workshop to learn how to keep your bike running smoothly with just a few basic tools and some practical know-how.
Led by Pedal Set Go, bike education experts, this workshop will cover the following: how to check your bike is safe to ride, what tools you need, how to keep things clean and lubed, how to get the wheels on and off, how to fix a flat and how to know when parts need replacing.
There’ll be time for questions/discussion of further sources of credible maintenance information.
Session 1: Tuesday 9 March ,1.00pm to 4.00pm
(Please separate listing for session 2, 5.30-8.30pm).
Where: Maundrell Park, Hopetoun St Petersham.
Accessibility: If you have any access or support requirements in order to participate fully please let us know.
Who: This workshop is provided free for women residents of the Inner West local government area.
Priority will be given to Inner West residents. Search by address at the Office of Local Government website to find your local government area.
If you are not from the Inner West local government area please email email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.
Bookings: Bookings are essential and numbers are strictly limited.
- One bike maximum per person, although you could share one bike between two people
- Any tools you may already have
- A rag for cleaning
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty
- Enclosed shoes
- A notepad and pen if you want to take notes
- Water bottle and snacks
- A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event. All participants must provide contact details and observe good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available. Everyone must maintain a 1.5m distance from other attendees throughout the workshop.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop and are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or loss of smell. For information on COVID-19 symptoms visit NSW Health.
- We will monitor the progress of the disease and will abide by any directives from NSW Health. If you have any safety concerns, please get in touch.
This workshop is presented by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. If you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0466 428 063.