- This event has passed.
Small space veggie gardening
October 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Please note:The time of this event has changed to 1-4pm.
It must be one of the best simple pleasures in life – picking produce that you’ve nurtured from seed or seedling to a healthy crop of homegrown veggies, fruit, herbs and salads. Whether you have a small yard, a courtyard, a balcony or even a sunny window, we’ll help you have it flourishing with an abundant crop of organic produce in no time.
What you’ll learn
This workshop will teach you the skills you need to design, set up and maintain your own organic garden regardless of space or experience. You’ll learn how to create and maintain healthy organic soil, understand the needs of plants, and how to work them into a space together to create a productive edible garden.
What you’ll get
- 25+ pages of detailed notes covering garden planning, soils, fertilisers, compost, worm farms, seed raising, planting and much more!
- A wide variety of seedlings and seeds to plant and take home to kickstart your garden.
- Access to experts to answer your burning questions
What to bring
- Paper and pen to make notes
- Hat, suncream, closed shoes and own water bottle
- If possible, we recommend bringing some cardboard boxes or reusable bags suitable for transporting your seeds and seedling goodies you’ll leave with.
We recommend using public transport as parking can be limited on Mallet Street and nearby.
- Bus: Routes 413, 480, 438X, 461X, 440
- Train: Nearest stop is Newtown station
- All ages
- Beginner to intermediate gardeners.
About the facilitator
Narelle Happ is a garden designer and horticulturalist who specialises in native garden and permaculture design. She has twenty years of experience and is passionate about creating ‘living’ spaces which are nurturing, productive and sustainable.
This free workshop is presented by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. It is for residents of the Inner West local government area and priority will be given to Inner West residents. Search by address at the Office of Local Government website to find your local government area.
If you are not from the Inner West local government area please ask to be put on a waitlist. For this and any other questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9392 5054.