- This event has passed.
Reconnect: An intergenerational discussion on local climate action
March 23, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Climate Change is with us and both seniors and youth are key groups leading the way in how to approach this environmental crisis. Join community members who are taking action on a local and national level and hear about learnings from the frontline.
There will be an opportunity for cross generational collaboration and conversation in a World Cafe style format, giving participants the chance to join discussion groups.
- Jean Hinchliffe, climate activist, writer, School Strike 4 Climate
- Dominic Case, Climate Change Balmain Rozelle
- Chris Sara, Young Farmer Program at Pocket City Farms
- Chris Jinga, Marrickville West Community garden
- Louise Qiu, Endimals and What can I do? Australi
- Martin Puchert, Cooks River Mudcrabs and Crab Walkers.
The discussion will be facilitated by Sally Gillespie, writer, lecturer and psychologist.
Please arrive by 5.45pm so you can enjoy the refreshments before we start at 6pm sharp.
This is a joint Seniors Festival/Youth Week event.
- Lift access
- Wheelchair accessible
- Accessible toilet
- Accessible parking library car park
- Hearing loop available.
Please let us know if you have any specific access requirements.
- A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event in adherence with NSW Government Guidelines.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop. For information on COVID-19 symptoms visit NSW Health.
This free event is presented by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. It is for residents of the Inner West local government area and priority will be given to Inner West residents. Search by address at the Office of Local Government website to find your local government area.
If have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9392 5054.