- This event has passed.
Plant-based Basics – Cancelled until further notice
April 4 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Adopting a whole foods plant-based died is one of the best ways you can embrace a sustainable lifestyle. It reduces land clearing, methane from cattle, as well as greenhouse gas emissions. It’s also delicious!
Come along to this workshop to learn:
- the benefits of whole food home cooking,
- health considerations, plant-based ingredients and easy food swaps,
- ways to keep food fresh and learn about vegan reusable food wraps
- how to eat sustainably and seasonally.
- make and take home vegan mozzarella
- taste vegan cashew herb cheese and vegan soy aioli
- make aquafaba vegan aioli
- use vegan aioli to make a salad (potato salad with seeds, pickles, mustard and herbs
- taste and talk about vegan ingredients
- take home recipes.
Please bring along a notepad, pen and containers to take home food.
This workshop will be presented by Ayse Moonen. Ayse has been a vegan chef for over 10 years. She has cooked in and supplied some of Sydney’s best loved cafés and currently works at Ruby Lonesome vegan café in Marrickville. Ayse is passionate about creating plant based foods using real and accessible ingredients for delicious results.
This event is being held by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. Entry is free for residents of the Inner West Council area. If you are not from the Inner West Council area please email email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.
If you have any access or support requirements in order to participate fully, please let us know when you book in by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the venue is accessible for people using wheelchairs.
Any other queries please contact email@example.com or phone 0466 428 063.