- This event has passed.
Compost and worm farming workshops
September 24, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:15 pmFree
Composting and worm farming are an easy and important step towards becoming a zero waste community, and to improving your gardening by enriching your soil. Composting is a good choice for those with garden space while worm farming is particularly good for people with a smaller space and living in apartments.
Inner West Council is holding two free workshops on the same day – the first on composting and the second on worm farming. Choose the one that suits you, or book into both if you prefer – but note you will have to leave the venue between workshops to allow for cleaning.
In each workshop we’ll show you how to set up and maintain your chosen system (either composting or worm farming), including what’s appropriate to put in and what you need to leave out. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions of our very experienced presenter.
Date: Thursday 24 September
Time: 10am to 10.45am Workshop 1 – Composting
11.30am to 12.15pm Workshop 2 – Worm farming
Where: Annandale Community Centre, 79 Johnston St Annandale.
Accessibility: If you have any access or support requirements in order to participate fully please let us know. The site is wheelchair accessible.
Who: This workshop is provided free for residents of the Inner West local government area. Limit of 10 people per session.
If you are not from the Inner West local government area please do not book in but email email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.
Bookings: Bookings are essential and numbers are strictly limited.
A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event.
- Do not attend the workshop if you have visited Victoria or a NSW COVID-19 case location identified by NSW Health.
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell at all.
- All participants must provide contact details and observe good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available.
- Come wearing a face mask if you would like to, although it’s not compulsory.
- Everyone must maintain a 1.5m distance from other attendees and seats will be placed at the appropriate distance. Seats will be cleaned before and after each session.
- No food or drink will be provided.
- Only registered attendees will be permitted to attend.
This course is being held by Inner West Council’s Green Living Centre and Resource Recovery Planning. If you have any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0466 428 063.