- This event has passed.
Bike Maintenance Workshop
August 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Would you like to know how to change a tire and keep your bike in good working order so you know it’s always ready to roll?
Join our free hands-on bike maintenance workshop to learn how to keep your bike in good condition with just a few basic tools and some practical know-how.
Led by PedalEd, bike education experts, this workshop will cover the following:
- ABCD – Basic safety check
- Summary of tools recommended for transport/recreational riders
- Basic bike care – how to keep things clean
- Drivetrain maintenance – inc. checking chain wear, cleaning and oiling chain
- How to remove/install front and back wheels, information on quick releases, checking brake pad wear, tyre wear and wheel true-ness
- How to fix a flat
- Time for questions/discussion of further sources of credible maintenance information
Date: Saturday 1 August
Time: 2 free sessions: 9AM-12PM midday and 1-4PM
Where: Outdoor setting in Leichhardt, weather permitting. Details will be sent in a confirmation email.
Accessibility: If you have any access or support requirements in order to participate fully please let us know. The site is accessible via paved pathways and will take place on a flat grassy area.
Who: This workshop is provided free for residents of the Inner West local government area. Limit of 10 people per session. If you are not from the Inner West local government area please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waitlist.
Bookings: Bookings are essential and numbers are strictly limited.
- one bike maximum per person, although you could share one bike between two people
- a rag for cleaning
- warm clothes as we’ll be outside
- and clothes you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
COVID-19 Safety: A COVID-19 Safety Plan is in place for this event. All participants must provide contact details and observe good hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available. Everyone must maintain a 1.5m distance from other attendees and seats will be placed at the appropriate distance. Seats will be cleaned before and after each session.
Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell on the day of the workshop and are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or loss of smell. For information on COVID-19 symptoms visit NSW Health.
We will be monitoring the progress of the disease, and will abide by any directives from NSW Health. If you have any safety concerns please get in touch.
This workshop is presented by the Green Living Centre, an initiative of Inner West Council. If you have any questions email: email@example.com or phone 0466 428 063.